We take the protection and the security of your data very seriously. For this reason, we shall take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized changes, unauthorized disclosure and unauthorized access to the data. In this regard, we conform to the highest standards in the industry when transferring and saving your data.
Cara originates from Berlin/Brandenburg and is operated by HiDoc Technologies UG.
Insofar as questions arise pertaining to data protection, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at:
HiDoc Technologies UG (limited liability)
represented by managing directors André Sommer, Jesaja Brinkmann, Orest Tarasiuk, Dr. Dankrad Feist
℅ Medical University of Brandenburg
14770 Brandenburg a.d.H.
We require data to provide you with the best possible support for your health and wellbeing while ensuring a good user experience. The results are used to continually improve the functions of Cara. For that reason, you will receive improved recommendations directly from Cara to provide a better overview of how your symptoms are interconnected.
Furthermore, we are committed to contributing to research and science in the area of abdominal healthcare. We therefore collaborate with top-class researchers and university clinics. It may be the case that countless people experience a better quality of life with the help of your anonymized data. To date, there has been a lack of research into the interconnections between diet, stress and psyche as well as exercise with regard to health.
- 1 Purpose of collection, processing and use
- Links to third-party websites can be found in the services provided by Cara. Compliance with data protection on these external sites is not included in Cara’s area of influence and responsibility.
- Cara reserves the right to make the data available to medical research in a completely anonymized form. Within the scope of this agreement, complete anonymization means that individual persons cannot, or only with disproportionately great effort, be identified on the basis of the anonymous data.
- The personal data shall be stored and processed on secure servers ran by Microsoft Azure in Western Europe, and partially also Intercom, Inc. Intercom, Inc. complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries.
- Your email address is required so you can gain access to your data from a new device at later point in time.
- Cara sends anonymous reports to our developers via third-party services about system errors, crashes and usage behavior. This is the only way to ensure the long-term stability of Cara.
- 2 Discretion and protection of your privacy
Health is a sensitive topic. Cara commits to protecting the privacy of the user and assures that it will collect, process and use personal detail in accordance with the law. Employees are placed under a corresponding obligation.
- 3 Consent
By giving their consent, the user agrees to the regulated use of personal data. Clicking or not clicking in the appropriate field after having observed these provisions, shall result in the consent or non-consent to these provisions.
Consent can be withdrawn at any time by deleting the account connected to the user’s data.
- 4 Payment processing and third-party providers
App payments shall be made directly in the Apple App Store.
Third parties which may receive anonymous data are Branch Metrics, Intercom, Inc., Fabric and Mixpanel Analytics.
- 5 Disclosure of personal data
Cara shall not disclose any personal data to third parties.
- 6 How your data is secured
Cara uses well-established methods to securely transfer and save your data. To this end, an encrypted transmission takes place via HTTPS which you will be familiar with from online banking.
The greatest threat is posed by third parties who get their hands on your smartphone. Therefore, it is important to use the safety mechanism of an unlock password or fingerprint (Touch ID) provided by Apple.
Data about usage behavior in the app will be collected and saved and analyzed anonymously by third-party providers mentioned in § 4.
- 7 Coppa
Cara does not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under the age of 13. By registering a Cara account you are required to confirm that you are at least 13 years old. If Cara gains actual knowledge that the information has been collected from children under the age of thirteen in the United States in contradiction with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and the regulation thereunder, Cara will not disclose this data and reserves the right to immediately delete the account. For all COPPA-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com