We take the protection and the security of your data very seriously. For this reason, we shall take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized changes, unauthorized disclosure and unauthorized access to the data. In this regard, we conform to the highest standards in the industry when transferring and saving your data.
Cara Biotics is made in Berlin and is operated by HiDoc Technologies GmbH.
Insofar as questions arise pertaining to data protection, contact us at [email protected] or by post at:
HiDoc Technologies GmbH
represented by managing directors André Sommer, Jesaja Brinkmann, Orest Tarasiuk, Dr. Dankrad Feist
We require data to provide you with the best possible support for your health and wellbeing while ensuring a good user experience. The results are used to continually improve the functions of Cara. For that reason, you will receive improved recommendations directly from Cara to provide a better overview of how your symptoms are interconnected.
Furthermore, we are committed to contributing to research and science in the area of abdominal healthcare. We therefore collaborate with top-class researchers and university clinics. Countless people could experience a better quality of life with the help of your anonymized data. To date, there has been a shortage of research into the interconnections between diet, stress and psyche as well as exercise with regard to abdominal health.
- 1 Purpose of collection, processing and use
- Links to third-party websites can be found in the services provided by Cara. Compliance with data protection on these external sites is not included in Cara’s area of influence and responsibility.
- The personal data shall be stored and processed on secure servers provided by Microsoft Azure, and partially also Intercom, Inc. Intercom, Inc. complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries.
- Your email address is required so you can gain access to your data from a new device at a later point in time. We may use your email address for the purposes of providing customer support, marketing by Hidoc or our selected business partners that help us to provide these services. In case you do not want Hidoc to use your email for the purpose of direct marketing, you may at any time opt-out from receiving any further messages by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of such a message.
- Cara sends anonymous reports about system errors, crashes and usage behavior to our developers via third-party services . This is the best way to ensure the stability of Cara and provide you with a great user experience.
- Cara may ask for your permission to collect information stored on your mobile device, such as photos, or access resources on your mobile device, such as the camera. Content uploaded to Cara can be used by Cara in accordance to the provisions for tracking data and is considered anonymous data.
- 2 Discretion and protection of your privacy
Health is a sensitive topic. Cara commits to protecting the privacy of the user and assures that it will collect, process and use personal detail in accordance with the law. Employees are placed under a corresponding obligation.
- 3 Consent
Consent can be withdrawn at any time by deleting the account connected to the user’s data.
- 4 Payment processing and third-party providers
Third parties may process payment data and the necessary personal data for the purpose of paying for services provided by Cara.
Third parties which may receive anonymous usage data from our apps are Branch Metrics, Intercom, Inc., Fabric, Mixpanel Analytics.
Third parties which may receive anonymous usage data from our websites are Mixpanel Analytics, Google Analytics, Hotjar, Stripe and Typeform.
- 5 Disclosure of personal data
- 6 How your data is secured
Cara uses well-established methods to securely transfer and save your data. To this end, an encrypted transmission takes place via HTTPS which you will be familiar with from online banking.
The greatest threat is posed by third parties who get their hands on your smartphone. Therefore, it is important to use the safety mechanism of an unlock password or fingerprint (Touch ID) provided by Apple.
Data about usage behavior in the app will be collected and saved and analyzed anonymously by third-party providers mentioned in § 4.
- 7 Coppa
Cara does not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under the age of 13. By registering a Cara account you are required to confirm that you are at least 13 years old. If Cara gains actual knowledge that the information has been collected from children under the age of thirteen in the United States in contradiction with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and the regulation thereunder, Cara will not disclose this data and reserves the right to immediately delete the account. For all COPPA-related questions, please contact us at [email protected]
- 8 Health Kit data
By allowing Cara access to your Health Kit data, you allow the available data to be used, anonymously, for research purposes. Your data will not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, and only be used in non-anonymized form with your explicit consent.
- 9 Use of anonymized tracking data
Anonymized data is any data entered in Cara as part of the tracking or otherwise collected in the app, that is not personal data, i.e. an email address, name, or date of birth, or other information that can be directly linked to a person.
By tracking data in Cara, the user consents that their anonymized data may be used by us and third parties for research in medicine as well as market research and/or other purposes. However, in the process of such research, no effort shall be made to identify the user from the anonymized data.